The Times They are a Changin’
- 9:00 Children & Youth Sunday School, Adult Insight Classes
- 10:15 Worship for all ages
- 11:15 Fellowship
- 8:45-11:30 Nursery care provided
At its last meeting, the Session considered and passed a recommendation presented jointly by the CE Board and Worship Committee that the start time for worship be shifted from 10:00 to 10:15. That slight shift in schedule enables several things:
* The additional time allows our children and youth to fully engage with learning and children’s choir, instead of sacrificing the content of one or the other. It also will allow for more discussion time in adult education offerings.
* The shift will enable choir members to be a part of Christian Education offerings in a way in which they have not been able to participate before. Pastor Heather will also be more readily able to both teach and preach on a Sunday morning.
* The shift will mitigate the “late arrival” of individuals & families who currently rush from education events into the sanctuary. We hope this will help us all be present and centered as worship begins.
* Also, we anticipate the 15 minutes before worship will be open to offer occasional special musical events, such as hymn or carol sings.
The new schedule will go into effect as we begin the program year on Rally Sunday, September 11th.